Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Edward the Confessor, Shalstone

Denomination:
C of E - Buckingham Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Buckingham & Villages)
Building Location:
Shalstone (4 miles W of Buckingham)
Nearest Post Code:
MK18 5LT
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 64144 36432
Latitude & Longitude:
52.02260, -1.06660  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


 

A few images of this church, more information will be added in the future.
no image

Exterior from South East. Mostly rebuilt by George Gilbert Scott in 1862.

no image

North side of Exterior from the East.

no image

Interior looking East.

no image

Altar.

no image

West end of North Aisle. The piers could be medieval but the rest of the Aisle is the only surviving part of a rebuilding in 1828, just 34 years before Scott's work.

no image

The Capital of a Nave Pier on the South Arcade.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy