Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St James the Great, Bierton

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Wendover)
Building Location:
Bierton (2 miles NE of Aylesbury)
Nearest Post Code:
HP22 5DG
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 83615 15263
Latitude & Longitude:
51.82973, -0.78803  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Norman Font.
14C Cruciform church with central tower.
14C Fragments of Wall Paintings.
Perp Nave Roof.
1621Monument - Samuel Bosse.
1852 Restoration. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1882 Restoration of Chancel. Architect was Ewan Christian.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St James the Great, Bierton

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy