Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Holy Trinity, Bledlow

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Wycombe District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (North West Chilterns)
Building Location:
Church End, Bledlow (2 miles W of Princes Risborough)
Nearest Post Code:
HP27 9PD
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 77838 02174
Latitude & Longitude:
51.71290, -0.87477  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Norman 12C plain N Doorway and E bay of N Aisle.
Norman Font (Aylesbury type).
c1200 Arcades.
13C, 14C, 15C Many fragments of Wall Paintings.
late 18C Reredos, now in S Aisle. Designer was John Gwynn.
late 18C Painting, part of Reredos now in S Aisle. Artist was Samuel Wale.
1876-77 Restoration. Architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott.
1898 Chancel Screen (now under tower). Designer was Harry Hems.
1952 Royal Arms (Elizabeth II) Painted on wood (4.5 x 3.5 ft). Erected to commemorate the Queen's Accession. Artist was C O Skilbeck.
Images of some of the Notable Features in Holy Trinity, Bledlow

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy