Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St James, Akeley

Important Church Note:
Church demolished in 1982, churchyard still exists.
Denomination:
Was a CoE Church, declared redundant in 1979
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Buckingham & Villages)
Building Location:
Main Street, Akeley (3 miles NW of Buckingham)
Nearest Post Code:
MK18 5HP
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 70799 37787
Latitude & Longitude:
52.03398, -0.96934  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Introduction to Church:Church Services are now held in school.

Notable Features:
1854 New church built. Architect was John Tarring.
1981 Church demolished. It was demolished as the building was deemed unsafe in 1979.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St James, Akeley

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy