Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Nicholas, Chearsley

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Haddenham & Waddesdon)
Building Location:
Church Lane, Chearsley (2 miles NE of Long Crendon)
Nearest Post Code:
HP18 0DF
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 72029 10314
Latitude & Longitude:
51.78685, -0.95716  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Early 13CFont, a late version of the Aylesbury type.
13CNave.
†1462Brass to John Frankeleyn & wife.
Late 15CChancel.
PerpWest Tower.
1714-1801Royal Arms (early Hanoverian) painted on N Wall (6 x 7 ft). Only discovered under whitewash in 1950s, when they were repainted by M F Bell. Artist was Michael C Farrar Bell.
1761West Gallery.
18CBack Porch.
1816-1837Royal Arms, late Hanoverian, on W Gallery.
late 18C3 wall tablets.
1954Pulpit.
1968Box Pews.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Nicholas, Chearsley

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy