Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Mary the Virgin, Chilton

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Haddenham & Waddesdon
Building Location:
Dorton Road, Chilton (2 miles N of Long Crendon)
Nearest Post Code:
HP18 9NA
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 68674 11604
Latitude & Longitude:
51.79887, -1.00553  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
13CChancel & S Transept.
DecN Tower, in an unusual position.
PerpNave and S Porch.
†1608Monument to Sir John Croke & his wife. A very large canopied tomb chest.
†1755Monument to Chief Justice Carter. A very large screen monument.
1727-1760Royal Arms (George II) Painted on canvas (5.75 x 6 ft). Repainted by John Piper in 1966. Artist was John Piper.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Mary the Virgin, Chilton

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy