Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Mary, Ashendon

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Haddenham & Waddesdon}
Building Location:
Ashendon (3 miles SW of Waddesdon)
Nearest Post Code:
HP18 0HE
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 70507 14212
Latitude & Longitude:
51.82209, -0.97842  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
12CParts of Norman Nave.
12CFont, plain bowl.
c1200Nave extended to W.
13CS Aisle W arch of arcade.
Late 13CEffigy of a late 13C Knight under a 15C arch.
c1300S Aisle two E arches of arcade.
c1300Blocked arch to former N Transept.
PerpW Tower.
PerpClerestory windows.
†1609Remains of entrance to Falconer burial place on N side of Nave. The squint is presumed to have been for viewing a lofty monument to William Falconer †1609.
c1700Pulpit.
†1756Monument to John Lucas †1756, and his wife Mary †1778.
†1780Monument to William Eagleton †1780, and his wife Frances †1781.
†1798Monument to William Croxford †1798.
1807Chancel restored.
†1834Monument to William Smith †1834.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Mary, Ashendon

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy