Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Thomas, Colnbrook

Denomination:
C of E - Burnham & Slough Deanery
Local Authority UA:
Slough UA
Building Location:
Vicarage Way, Colnbrook (3 miles E of Datchet)
Nearest Post Code:
SL3 0JY
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
TQ 02760 77248
Latitude & Longitude:
51.48485, -0.52146  Map
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Introduction to Church:Colnbrook was transferred from Bucks to Berks in 1995.

Notable Features:
17C Clock from original Town Chapel.
1848-52 New church built with Nave and Chancel. Architect was Benjamin Ferrey.
1862-63 N Aisle added. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1875 Vestry & Organ Chamber added. Architect was H Roumieu & Gough.
1879 Chancel Screen. Designer was Basil Champneys.
1883 Reredos. Maker was Hallidays of Eton.
1885 Frescoes on Chancel Walls. Artist was Wyndham Hughes.
1889 Pulpit, of wood on a stone base. Designer was Basil Champneys.
1889 Pulpit. Memorial to Dr Meadows, benefactor of the church. Maker was Robert Bridgeman of Lichfield.
1990s Wall Paintings on Chancel E & N walls. Painted by the Vicar. Artist was Rev Peter Abrahams.

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy