Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St James the Great, Aston Abbotts

Denomination:
C of E - Mursley Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Wing & Ivinghoe)
Building Location:
Cublington Road, Aston Abbotts (4 miles NE of Aylesbury)
Nearest Post Code:
HP22 4NA
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 84736 20237
Latitude & Longitude:
51.87427, -0.77055  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
late 15C West Tower. The Medieval Tower was left when the rest of the church was rebuilt in the 1860s.
1865-6 Nave and Chancel rebuilt. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1890 Organ Chamber & Vestry added.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St James the Great, Aston Abbotts

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy