Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

Nicholas Bigee

Active: 1700-1712. An entry in the Register of St Peter-in-East, Oxford, records the baptism of 'Thomas son of Nicholas Bygee' on 18 September 1707.
Known Monuments:
Sir John Busby, †1700, Addington, Bucks.   Seth Wood and family members, 1702, St Leonards, Bucks.
General Cornelius Wood, †1712, St Leonards, Bucks.   Two Eagles, 1712, St John's College Gate, adjacent to bridge, Oxford.   Acknowlegements to Henry Moore Foundation

 One Church with features by Nicholas Bigee - Sculptor

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Mary the Virgin Addington †1700: Monument - Sir John Busby. Cartouche with trophies and a portrait bust above. Sculptor was Nicholas Bigee. (it was possibly by Bigee).
This military memorial reflects that Sir John Busby was Colonel of the Bucks Militia.

St Mary the Virgin Addington The Inscription, which states that the monument was consecrated by his son Rev Thomas Busby.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy