Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

William Godwin

In 1852, William Godwin began creating gothic tiles by the encaustic process century at his factory at Lugwardine in Herefordshire and became one of the leading manufacturers in the nineteenth century, supplying the demand for churches, railway stations, schools, municipal buildings and suburban villas.

 One Church with features by William Godwin - Maker

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St John Evangelist Lacey Green 1871 Chancel and Sanctuary Tiles. Possibly designed by J P Seddon. Maker was William Godwin.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy