Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Feature text by Keyword Show Help...

Index of Pulpits

Pulpits - As we cannot include all Church Pulpits, those listed here are selected for their importance by their age, their designer or maker, their history, or possibly the size, design, or unusual character of the pulpit.


 20 churches with 22 Pulpits

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Mary Amersham 1870-2: Pulpit. Designer was Frederick Preedy.

St Mary Ashendon c1700: Pulpit.

St Michael & All Angels Aston Clinton 1867: Pulpit. The pulpit probably dates from 1867 when the Nave was restored.

St Michael and All Angels Aston Sandford 1878: Pulpit Architect was Edward George Bruton.

1878 (probably): Font

Top
St Peter Astwood 18c: Pulpit, with a carved panel that was probably a later addition.

St Mary & All Saints Beaconsfield, Old 1869: Pulpit, in memory of the Sculptor's Parents. Sculptor was Miss Matilda Charsley.

St James Boarstall 17C: Pulpit.

All Saints Bow Brickhill 15C: Pulpit. Moved from Buckingham's old medieval church.

St Lawrence Broughton (MK) 18C: Pulpit.

Top
St Simon & Jude Castlethorpe c1800: Pulpit.

St Peter Chalfont St Peter 1854: Pulpit (of wood, unusually for Street). Designer was George Edmund Street.

St Peter Chalvey (Slough) 1860-1: Stone Pulpit. Designer was George Edmund Street.

St Nicholas Chearsley 1954: Pulpit.

St Giles Cheddington Jacobean: Pulpit.

Top
St Leonard Chesham Bois early 17C: Pulpit.

All Saints Coleshill 1861: Pulpit (wood on a stone base). Designer was George Edmund Street.

St Thomas Colnbrook 1889: Pulpit, of wood on a stone base. Designer was Basil Champneys.

1889: Pulpit. Memorial to Dr Meadows, benefactor of the church. Maker was Robert Bridgeman of Lichfield.

St Nicholas Cuddington 1857: Pulpit. Designer was George Edmund Street.

Top
All Saints Hulcott 1861-1863: Pulpit. Designer was George Edmund Street.

St Peter Ilmer 18C: Pulpit. Possibly now on a later stone base.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy