Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Makers Marks by Lowndes & Drury

Lowndes & Drury was established in 1897 to provide stained glass artists with the studio facilities, staff and equipment to carry out their commissions freelance, making them independent of commercial stained glass firms. The firm was founded by the stained glass artist Mary Lowndes (1856 - 1929) and glazier Alfred John Drury (1868 - 1940) who first met in 1893 whilst working at the stained glass window firm, Britten & Gilson.

2 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details S aisle S (E) St Nicolas in Taplow 1912 Arild Rosenkrantz 
Lowndes & Drury
Details N aisle W St Nicolas in Taplow 1913 Arild Rosenkrantz 
Lowndes & Drury
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy