Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Search Craftsman Name by Keyword Show Help...

Makers Marks by A L Moore

Arthur Louis Moore (1849-1939) was born in Brixton and apprenticed in 1868 to a glass painter, J. T. Lyon, with a workshop in Fitzroy Square. In 1871 he set up a partnership, "Gibbs & Moore, artists in stained glass and mural decorations," first in Great Russell Street, then in Southampton Row, where the firm continued to supply churches all over the country, and even beyond it, well into the twentieth century. By this time it was being run by his son, Charles Eustace Moore (1880-c.1965), whom he had taken into partnership in 1896. In its later history, A. L. Moore and Son remained in the Bloomsbury area until 1946, finally closing in about 1955 when it was located in Regent's Park Terrace. (Jacqueline Banerjee. www.victorianaweb.org)

6 Windows, listed in Church Order

Sort Windows by Date

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Link to image of this Window N aisle N (C) St John the Evangelist in Ashley Green 1930 A L Moore
Link to image of this Window Chancel N (2E) St John the Evangelist in Ashley Green †1916 A L Moore
Link to image of this Window East St Simon & Jude in Castlethorpe †1899 A L Moore
Link to image of this Window Chancel S St Lawrence in Cholesbury †1899 A L Moore
Top
Link to image of this Window Nave S All Saints in Hulcott 1899 A L Moore
Link to image of this Window Chancel N (W) St Mary & St Nicholas in Saunderton after 1905 A L Moore
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy