Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Search Craftsman Name by Keyword Show Help...

Windows by Lavers - Maker

A company which had five different names over 70 years, with changes of partners. In 1855 Nathaniel Wood Lavers (1828-1911) established the company Lavers in Southampton Street London. In 1858 Francis Philip Barraud (1824-1900) moved from James Powell & Sons, becoming a partner in 1858 to form Lavers & Barraud. 10 years later Nathaniel Westlake (1833-1921) became a partner, having designed for the firm since 1858. The company was re-named Lavers, Barraud & Westlake. After the death of Barraud in 1900 the firm was known as Lavers, Westlake and Co, although Westlake had been the sole proprietor since 1880. After 1909 the company became N H J Westlake, London, moving to Maida Vale in 1917, and closing in the 1920s.

2 Windows, listed in Church Order

Sort Windows by Date

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details East St Mary in Hawridge †1855 Lavers
Details Chancel S (W) St Mary in Hawridge 1856 Lavers
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy