Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Search Craftsman Name by Keyword Show Help...

Windows by Lavers & Barraud - Maker

A company which had five different names over 70 years, with changes of partners. In 1855 Nathaniel Wood Lavers (1828-1911) established the company Lavers in Southampton Street London. In 1858 Francis Philip Barraud (1824-1900) moved from James Powell & Sons, becoming a partner in 1858 to form Lavers & Barraud. 10 years later Nathaniel Westlake (1833-1921) became a partner, having designed for the firm since 1858. The company was re-named Lavers, Barraud & Westlake. After the death of Barraud in 1900 the firm was known as Lavers, Westlake and Co, although Westlake had been the sole proprietor since 1880. After 1909 the company became N H J Westlake, London, moving to Maida Vale in 1917, and closing in the 1920s.

16 Windows, listed in Church Order

Sort Windows by Date

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details East St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Details Chancel S (E) St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Details N aisle W St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Details Chancel N St Peter in Chalvey (Slough) 1861 Lavers & Barraud
Top
Details S Aisle S (E) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details S Aisle S (E3) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details S Aisle W St Mary in Datchet †1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details West St Mary in Datchet 1864 Lavers & Barraud
Top
Details N aisle N St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details Outer North Aisle N (W) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details Outer North Aisle N (E3) St Mary in Datchet 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details Outer North Aisle N (E2) St Mary in Datchet 1866 Lavers & Barraud
Top
Details Nave S (E) St Anne in Dropmore 1865 Lavers & Barraud
Details Chancel S (W) St Michael in Lavendon 1859 Lavers & Barraud
Details East St Mary the Virgin in Stoke Mandeville 1866 Lavers & Barraud
Details East St Giles in Stoke Poges 1867 Lavers & Barraud
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2021 Michael G Hardy