Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Makers Marks by James Powell & Sons

The firm of James Powell and Sons, also known as Whitefriars Glass, were English glassmakers, leadlighters and stained glass window manufacturers. As Whitefriars Glass, the company existed from the 17th century, but became well known as a result of the 19th century Gothic Revival and the demand for stained glass windows. (Wikipedia)

3 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details Nave S (E) St Leonard in Chesham Bois 1945 James Hogan
James Powell & Sons
Details Chancel S (W) Holy Trinity in Drayton Parslow 1928 James Powell & Sons
Details Chancel N St Mary in Princes Risborough 1924 James Hogan
James Powell & Sons
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy