Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

Search Craftsman Name by Keyword Show Help...

Makers Marks by N H J Westlake

N. H. J. Westlake (1833-1921) worked under William Burges for a while, joined the stained-glass firm of Lavers and Barraud in 1868. Westlake later became a partner and finally the sole proprietor of Lavers, Barraud & Westlake (1855-1920s) London-based firm originally established in 1855 by Nathaniel Wood Lavers (1828-1911). The firm changed its name several times with the arrival and departure of each partner. Francis Barraud (1824-1900) became a partner in 1858 and Nathaniel Westlake joined the partnership in 1868, having designed for the firm since 1858. After the death of Barraud in 1900 the firm was known as Lavers, Westlake and Co., although Westlake had been the sole proprietor since 1880. After 1909 the company became N H J Westlake, London, and closed in the 1920s.

1 Window

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Link to image of this Window East Holy Trinity in Wolverton, Old (MK) 1888 N H J Westlake

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2023 Michael G Hardy