Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Leonard & St Andrew, Little Linford or select another window

Window: 01, East, St Leonard & St Andrew, Little Linford

Location in Church:
East
Type:
2 lights
Subject(s):
Annunciation
Date Made:
1890
Craftsman:
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
Buildings of England: Buckinghamshire, N Pevsner & E Williamson, 1994
Dedicated to:
Moses Margoliouth, vicar 1877-1881, †1881 More...
Donated by:
Bequest of Sarah Golding St Osyth Margoliouth who died 15 Dec 1889, widow of Moses Margoliouth.

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window in Situ
Click for Details
Overall View of Glass
Click for Details
Tracery: Dove representing the Holy Spirit, looking down on the Annunciation scene.
Click for Details
2 Main Lights: Annunciation scene below very tall canopies.
Top
Click for Details
2 Main Lights: Figures of Angel Gabriel and the Virgin Mary.
Click for Details
LH light: Angel Gabriel.
Click for Details
LH light: Closer view of Angel Gabriel with a scroll over his head "Ave Gratia Plena" or "Hail Full of Grace", not actually naming Maria.
Click for Details
RH light: Virgin Mary.
Top
Click for Details
RH light: Closer view of Virgin Mary with a scroll over her head "Ecce Ancilla Domine" or "Behold the Handmaiden of the Lord".
Click for Details
2 lights: Base of both lights, featuring a Crown, signifying Mary Queen of Heaven.
Click for Details
Inscription below both lights.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2022 Michael G Hardy