Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Makers Marks by Goddard & Gibbs

Goddard & Gibbs (established 1868) Decorative glass studio working in the production and restoration of traditional stained glass as well as contemporary architectural glass. The firm was initially established as Walter Gibbs & Sons on Blackfriars Road in London. The studio was taken over by James Clark & Sons, and in 1938 acquired Goddards Glass Works. The firm was subsequently taken over by James Clark & Eaton, and in 1978 the studio was bought by Charles Clark. Their chief designer after this was John Lawson (1932-2009), who had joined the firm in 1970 from Faithcraft.

5 Windows, listed in Church Order

Window Location Church Date Craftsmen
Details S Wall (E1) Holy Trinity in Hazlemere 1963 A E Buss
Goddard & Gibbs
Details S Wall (E2) Holy Trinity in Hazlemere 1963 A E Buss
Goddard & Gibbs
Details East St Luke in Newport Pagnell 1968 John Nicholas Lawson
Goddard & Gibbs
Details West St Luke in Newport Pagnell 1963 John Nicholas Lawson
Goddard & Gibbs
Top
Details S aisle S (E) St Paul in Wooburn †1963 A E Buss
Goddard & Gibbs
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2019 Michael G Hardy