Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches


Return to Church: St Andrew, Great Linford (MK) or select another window

Window: 01, East, St Andrew, Great Linford (MK)

Location in Church:
East
Type:
3 lights
Subject(s):
Christ in Glory, St John the Baptist, St Lawrence, St George, King Edmund, the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Augustine.
Date Made:
1889
Craftsmen:
Craftsman - Notes:
The same Designer and Maker were also responsible for the Reredos, which is now in the Nave over the door to the N Porch.
Sources for Dates & Craftsmen:
The Bucks Standard, 27th April 1889.
Dedicated to:
Rev William Andrewes Uthwatt (1793-1877) - Mary Uthwatt (his wife, †1885) - Henry Uthwatt Uthwatt and Judith Uthwatt (his parents). More...
Donated by:
Mary Uthwatt, in the terms of her will. More...
Notes on Window:
A Reredos was also designed and made by the same people as the window, and at the same time. It was above the Altar but beneath the window, but in the 1970s was moved to the Nave. More...

 


Click on a Thumbnail to go to that image,
Then use links to scroll through images, go to any window, or go to church page.

  Thumbnail
 Image
Click for Details
Window In Situ
Click for Details
Overal View of Glass
Click for Details
Tracery with Foliage and Floral Decoration
Click for Details
Three main lights: with Christ in Glory in the Centre, and Saints on either side. The Text below is the first line of the "Te Deum" or "Ambrosian Hymn".
Top
Click for Details
Centre light: Closer view of Our god in Glory.
Click for Details
LH light: St John the Baptist kneeling with a child to represent all ages. Standing are St Lawrence and St George, holding a lance with St George's flag.
Click for Details
LH light: Closer view, where we can see St Lawrence has his emblem of a Gridiron. There are 2 angels behind the standing Saints.
Click for Details
RH light: The kneeling figure is King Edmund, amongst those standing are the Blessed Virgin Mary, and St Augustine.
Top
Click for Details
RH light: Closer view.
Click for Details
Base of 3 lights. We can again see the "Te Deum" text at the top. Parts of this glass could originally have been hidden by the Reredos.
Click for Details
Reredos fitted below the window at the same time, but moved in the 1970s. It shows the Transfiguration in the centre. St Andrew is on the left, and St Philip is on the right.
Click for Details
The Reredos is now in the Nave over the doorway to the N Porch.
Top
Click for Details
Plaque that records Dedicatees and Donor of Window and Reredos. For some obscure reason, the plaque is in the N Aisle rather than the Chancel.
Top

Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches

©2003-2013 Clifford and Monica Robinson

©2015-2022 Michael G Hardy