Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


All Saints, Little Kimble

Denomination:
C of E - Wendover Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Wycombe District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (North West Chilterns)
Building Location:
Ellesborough Road, Little Kimble (2 miles NE of Princes Risborough)
Nearest Post Code:
HP17 0XR
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 82656 06417
Latitude & Longitude:
51.75036, -0.80405  Map
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notes on Stained Glass:We show glass in 9 windows, of which 4 are 19th century, and the other 5 have an assortment of 14th century fragments.

Introduction to Church:A small and simple 13th century church, famous for its early 14th century wall paintings. It was sensitively restored in two stages, by Edward Buckton Lamb in 1847, and by George Devey in 1875.

 

A few images of this church, more information will be added in the future.
no image

Exterior from South.

no image

Exterior from North East.

no image

Interior looking East.

no image

Interior looking West.

 

no image

This figure of St George is one of many early 14th century Wall Paintings which undoubtedly form the most complete scheme in Buckinghamshire.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy