Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Feature text by Keyword Show Help...

Index of Fittings & Furnishings

Fittings & Furnishings - This could include a great variety of items in a church that are considered worthy of special mention.


 13 churches with 20 Fittings & Furnishings

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Mary Amersham 17C, 18C, 19C THE FOLLOWING ITEMS REFER TO THE DRAKE CHAPEL:
The many Monuments in the Drake Chapel have not yet been listed here.

St Peter Astwood 1885 Choir stalls with unusual decoration on end panels.
The ends of two of the Choir Stalls.
The rather striking decoration on one Choir Stall.
Another Choir Stall recording that the decorative panels of 1885 are in memory of "EJV".

St Mary Aylesbury various More Monuments will be listed here.

St Botolph Bradenham early 20C Communion Rail. Designer was Canon Vernon Staley. (Staley was Designer & Maker).

All Saints Brill 1915 Font Cover. Designer was Canon Vernon Staley. (Staley was Designer & Maker).

Top
St Peter & Paul Buckingham 1705 Brass Chandelier moved from old church. Browne Willis had donated the Chandelier to the old church.

1916 Lady Chapel fittings. Designer was Sir Charles Nicholson.

All Saints Buckland 19C New Stone Altar. Designer was Rev. Edward Bonus. (Possibly by Bonus).

St Peter Burnham 1663 Communion Rail. Moved from Eton College Chapel.

St Nicholas Chearsley 1968 Box Pews.

Top
St Giles Cheddington 1615 Poor Box, dated 1615.

St Lawrence Chicheley c1710 Chancel Furnishings. Maker was Francis Baxter. Carpenter working for Sir John Chester.

1904 Rood (on Ringing Gallery). Designer was John Ninian Comper.

All Saints Hulcott c1330 Piscina now in S Aisle, from previous Transept or Lady Chapel.

c1340 Piscina in Chancel.

late 19C Altar. Rev Edward Bonus donated the Altar. Designer was Rev. Edward Bonus. (Possibly by Bonus).

Top
St John Evangelist Lacey Green 1793 Samuel Green Chamber Organ. Organ was donated to the church around the mid 19C.

1871 Chancel Furnishings of stained deal. Designer was John Pollard Seddon.

1871 Chancel and Sanctuary Tiles. Possibly designed by J P Seddon. Maker was Minton.

1871 Chancel and Sanctuary Tiles. Possibly designed by J P Seddon. Maker was William Godwin.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy