Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Giles, Cheddington

Denomination:
C of E - Mursley Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Wing & Ivinghoe)
Building Location:
Church Path, Station Road, Cheddington (2 miles NW of Ivinghoe)
Nearest Post Code:
LU7 0SF
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 92221 18005
Latitude & Longitude:
51.85302, -0.66244  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Norman Fragments of stone preserved in walls of porch & vestry.
mid 14C Chancel Arch.
15C W Tower.
15C N Aisle.
Jacobean Pulpit.
1615 Poor Box, dated 1615.
1855-56 Restoration including new roofs. Architect was George Edmund Street.
c1870 Reredos. Maker was James Powell & Sons.

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy