Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Mary, Aylesbury

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Aylesbury)
Building Location:
St Mary's Square, Aylesbury
Nearest Post Code:
HP20 2JJ
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 81714 13913
Latitude & Longitude:
51.81787, -0.81593  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Norman Font (the Aylesbury Font after which the others of the type are named).
†1703Monument - Thomas Ferrer. Sculptor was Edward Stanton.
†1749Monument - Anne Barker Bell. Sculptor was Peter Scheemakers.
1849 Restoration (Roofs and Interior). Architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott.
1866 Restoration (Exterior). Architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott.
1891 Reredos. Designer was John Loughborough Pearson .
1897 Restoration of Lady Chapel adjoining South Transept. Architect was John Oldrid Scott.
various More Monuments will be listed here.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Mary, Aylesbury

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy