Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Peter, Burnham

Denomination:
C of E - Burnham & Slough Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
South Bucks District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Beeches)
Building Location:
Church Street, Burnham
Nearest Post Code:
SL1 7HX
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 93058 82399
Latitude & Longitude:
51.53283, -0.65979  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
early 13C Lower parts of Tower.
13C Much of the interior.
14C Nave Roof, Scissor-Braced.
early 16CBrass - Gyles Eyre and wife.
late 16CBrasses - Eyre family members. 2 brasses
†1594Monument - John Wright, Vicar.
†1657Monument - George Evelyn. He was the owner of Huntercombe Manor.
1663 Communion Rail. Moved from Eton College Chapel.
†1721Monument - Bridget Friend.
1792Monument - Mr Justice Willes. Sculptor was John Bacon 1st.
1863-64 Restoration. Architect was George Edmund Street.
c1865 Reredos, ornate of stone.
1891-92 Top of Tower rebuilt and Spire added.

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy