Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Botolph, Bradenham

Denomination:
C of E - Wycombe Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Wycombe District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (North West Chilterns)
Building Location:
The Green, Bradenham (3 miles NE of High Wycombe)
Nearest Post Code:
HP14 4HF
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 82825 97126
Latitude & Longitude:
51.66681, -0.80380  Map
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Norman S Doorway (with Saxon style elements).
PerpW Tower.
1542Chantry Chapel, built by Lord Windsor.
1684Monument to Charles West †1684. Sculptor was Edward Stanton. (Upper part of monument is possibly by Stanton).
1863 & 65Restoration. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1927Chancel Screen & Rood Loft.
early 20CCommunion Rail. Designer was Canon Vernon Staley. (Staley was Designer & Maker).
20CSculpture of St Francis over interior of S Door, done in the style of Eric Gill.

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy