Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

Minton

Mintons was a major company in Staffordshire pottery, "Europe's leading ceramic factory during the Victorian era",an independent business from 1793 to 1968. It was a leader in ceramic design, working in a number of different ceramic bodies, decorative techniques, and "a glorious pot-pourri of styles - Rococo shapes with Oriental motifs, Classical shapes with Medieval designs and Art Nouveau borders were among the many wonderful concoctions". As well as pottery vessels and sculptures, the firm was a leading manufacturer of tiles and other architectural ceramics, producing work for both the Houses of Parliament and United States Capitol. (Wikipedia)

 One Church with features by Minton - Maker

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St John Evangelist Lacey Green 1871 Chancel and Sanctuary Tiles. Possibly designed by J P Seddon. Maker was Minton.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy