Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


All Saints, Bisham (Berks)

Important Church Note:
Bisham is in Berkshire, but in Wycombe Deanery
Denomination:
C of E - Wycombe Deanery
Local Authority District:
Windsor & Maidenhead UA
Building Location:
Church Lane, Bisham (1 mile S of Marlow)
Nearest Post Code:
SL7 1RW
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 84804 85404
Latitude & Longitude:
51.56114, -0.77803  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Some Notable Features:
12CNorman W Tower
early 16CCanopied Tomb-chest (brought from Anglesey by Williams family)
†1558Monument to Sir Philip Hoby (etc), Cornelius Cure, Sculptor, (reputedly)
†1605Monument to Lady Margaret Hoby
†1609Monument to Lady Elizabeth Russell (formerly Hoby)
Royal Arms of George III
1829-30S Aisle extended, William Lane, Architect
1849Remodelled in Dec style, Benjamin Ferrey, Architect
1856S Porch added, Benjamin Ferrey, Architect
1877-8N Aisle added, Richard Drew, Architect
†1904Monument to George Kennet Vansittart-Neale (aged 14), Morris Harding, Sculptor
1910Interior of Chancel remodelled

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise

©2017-2019 Michael G Hardy