Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Margaret, Tylers Green

Denomination:
C of E - Amersham Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Chiltern District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Beaconsfield & Chepping Wye)
Building Location:
Hammersley Lane, Tylers Green (4 miles NE of Beaconsfield)
Nearest Post Code:
HP10 8EG
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 90345 93752
Latitude & Longitude:
51.63533, -0.69597  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:
Other Web Site Links:
St. Margaret's, Tylers Green, Heritage Web Site, articles on the history, of St Margaret's, Tylers Green.

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notes on Stained Glass:The Nave has 10 windows, with 9 single lancets, and a double lancet in the W wall. All the glass is by Mayer and Company, and all from the 1880s in a matching style, with one in a slightly different style from 1907. The high level rose window in the E wall has some striking glass of 1965.

Introduction to Church:Sir Philip Rose had built himself a large house called Rayners in the parish of Penn. He had seen a new parish formed at Penn Street, and was determined to do the same for Tylers Green. So in 1853 he engaged the architect David Brandon to build a new church, with an Early English style nave, and Decorated style chancel. Around 1890 the slender tower was added, and in 1932 the Chancel was modernized and the Sanctuary extended.

CHURCH PLAN

Click to enlarge Plan

 

Initially this page has just a few images of this church, more information will be added in the future.

 

no image

Exterior from South West.

 

no image

Exterior from North West.

 

no image

Interior looking East.

 

no image

Interior of Chancel.

 

no image

Interior looking West.

Top

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise

©2017-2020 Michael G Hardy