Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


All Saints, Chalfont St Peter

Important Church Note:
Also known as Gerrards Cross
Denomination:
C of E - Amersham Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Chiltern District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Denham, Gerrards Cross & Chalfonts)
Building Location:
Oval Way, Chalfont St Peter (SW side)
Nearest Post Code:
SL9 8QA
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
TQ 00072 89492
Latitude & Longitude:
51.59539, -0.55669  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notes on Stained Glass:All Saints Church has 4 stained glass windows by Henry Victor Milner, dating from between 1923 and 1931. Between 1952 and 2008 it was fitted with interesting stained glass from 3 different makers.

Introduction to Church:The church was built in 1912, to meet increasing demand as the area between Chalfont St Peter and Gerrards Cross was being developed, due to the opening of the railway through Gerrards Cross in 1906. The architect chosen was Temple Lushington Moore, and this is his only complete church in Buckinghamshire. However, his ambitious design was never completed, as only the North Aisle was ever built. But what was built is surely the best example of the 'Arts and Crafts Style" in the county.

Notable Features:
1912-13 N Aisle only of large church planned, in Arts & Crafts style. Architect was Temple Lushington Moore.
1912-13 Rood Screen. Architect was Temple Lushington Moore.

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy