Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Nicholas, Cublington

Denomination:
C of E - Mursley Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Wing & Ivinghoe)
Building Location:
High Street, Cublington (3 miles W of Wing)
Nearest Post Code:
LU7 0LN
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 83879 22202
Latitude & Longitude:
51.89206, -0.78252  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notes on Stained Glass:We show 4 windows, with 3 of them being modern.

Introduction to Church:St Nicholas is a good example of a small medieval church that was built around 1400 that has never been expanded or drastically altered. At that time the village moved a short distance and needed a new church. This was at the time the Decorated Style of Gothic Architecture was being replaced by the Perpendicular style, so the church has elements of both styles.

Notable Features:
c1400 Church built on a new site.
c1400 Tower has some unsusual features. Deep outer splays of W window, and blank S belfry opening.
†1410Brass - John Dervyle. He was the 1st Vicar of the church.
†1681Monument - George Tourney.
1743 Royal Arms (George II) Painted on wooden panels in attractive frame (6.25 ft square).
1861 Restoration.
1887 Restoration.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Nicholas, Cublington

CHURCH PLAN

Click to enlarge Plan

 

A few images of this church, more information will be added in the future.
no image

Exterior from South.

no image

Exterior from North.

no image

Interior looking East.

no image

Interior looking West.

no image

Royal Arms of 1743.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy