Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Michael and All Angels, Aston Sandford

Denomination:
C of E - Aylesbury Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Haddenham & Waddesdon)
Building Location:
Aston Sandford (1 mile SE of Haddenham)
Nearest Post Code:
HP17 8JB
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SP 75645 07875
Latitude & Longitude:
51.76445, -0.90527  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
13C Remains of Chancel Arch.
VariousMonuments, 3 - Thomas Scott (1747-1821). Rector of Aston Sandford from 1803 to 1821, Thomas Scott (the famous Biblical Scholar and Commentator) has 3 memorial stones in the Chancel.
1877 Restoration Plans by George Gilbert Scott. GG Scott made plans for the restoration, but died in March 1878. Architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott. As a boy, GG Scott visited his grandfather (Thomas Scott) at Aston Sandford.
1877-8 Church restored and Chancel rebuilt. Architect was Edward George Bruton. Bruton was an Oxford Architect who probably completed the work planned by George Gilbert Scott.
1878 Pulpit Architect was Edward George Bruton.
1878 (probably) Font
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Michael and All Angels, Aston Sandford

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy