Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Leonard, Chesham Bois

Denomination:
C of E - Amersham Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Chiltern District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Amersham)
Building Location:
High Bois Lane, Chesham Bois (1 mile N of Amersham)
Nearest Post Code:
HP6 6DG
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 96895 99820
Latitude & Longitude:
51.68878, -0.59968  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
14C Original Fabric.
†1520Brass - Benedict Lee. He was a chrisom baby, one who dies within its first month.
†1516Brass - Elizabeth Cheyne. Husband Robert's brass was added.
†1552Brass - Robert Cheyne. Added to wife Elizabeth's brass.
†1585Brass - John Cheyne.
early 17C Pulpit.
?Monument - Tomb Chest.
1818-4 Restoration & new N Aisle. Architect was W Waymouth & Son.
1884 SW Tower.
1911 W extensions & Vestry added. Architect was Kemp & How.

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy