Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

A Mardon Mowbray

Alfred Mardon Mowbray (1849-1915) was an English Gothic Revival architect who practiced in Oxford and Eastbourne from the 1860s to the 1900s. Mowbray was articled to Charles Buckeridge 1865-70 and assistant to architects including Joseph Clarke and JW Hugall 1870-72. He practiced in Oxford 1872-77, then in Eastbourne until after 1880. He was made a Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1881 but lapsed in 1896. He had returned to Oxford by 1890, where he lived in Iffley Road

 One Church with features by A Mardon Mowbray - Architect

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Mark Bourne End 1889: New church built. Architect was A Mardon Mowbray.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2024 Michael G Hardy