Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

George Frederick Bodley

George Frederick Bodley (1827-1907) Victorian Gothic Revival Architect. Initially trained with George Gilbert Scott, with whom he had a family connection, before establishing his own practice. He worked with William Morris and his circle, having met Morris in G. E. Street's office in around 1856. His partnership with Thomas Garner began in 1869, working on churches as well as domestic architecture. As well as his churches in Cardiff, Bodley also designed interiors for Powis Castle in Montgomeryshire from 1900-02. (Stained Glass in Wales)

 One Church with features by George Frederick Bodley - Architect

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Michael Chenies 1906-7: Bedford Chapel extended to the East and North, with a new Aisle. Architect was George Frederick Bodley.
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy