Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


St Giles, Chalfont St Giles

Denomination:
C of E - Amersham Deanery
Local Authority to 2020:
Chiltern District Council
Local Authority UA:
Bucks UA (Denham, Gerrards Cross & Chalfonts)
Building Location:
High Street, Chalfont St Giles
Nearest Post Code:
HP8 4QD
O/S Map Reference/NGR:
SU 99100 93508
Latitude & Longitude:
51.63166, -0.56958  Map
Church Web Site:
CofE ACNY Web Site:

For details of this church on our "Stained Glass of Buckinghamshire Churches" website, please click here


Notable Features:
Norman Some Norman evidence in S Aisle.
13C Chancel.
13C Font.
14C S Aisle.
c1330 Wall Paintings in S Aisle.
Perp N Aisle, Clerestory, and W Tower.
16C Battlement design over Chancel Arch.
17C Text Panels over Chancel Arch.
1861 Restoration of Chancel. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1863 Restoration of Rest of Church. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1867 Restoration of Exterior completed. Architect was George Edmund Street.
1884 Organ Chamber built. Architect was John Pollard Seddon.
c1889 Reredos (wood). Designer was Charles Eamer Kempe.
1895 Timber S Porch. Architect was John Oldrid Scott.
Images of some of the Notable Features in St Giles, Chalfont St Giles

Thank you for visiting,
This page is a placeholder, more information will be added in the future.

Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy