Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Search all Craftsman Names by KeywordShow Help...

Andrew Carpenter

Andries Carpentiere or Charpentiere (1672-1737) was a Dutch or French sculptor active in Britain in the early 18th century. His name is sometimes anglicised as Andrew Carpenter. He worked in both marble and lead. He was first recorded in London in 1702. For some years he worked as principal assistant to John Nost before setting up his own studio - by 1714 he had established a lead-statue-making business on Piccadilly and he produced several garden sculptures in that material. He worked at Cannons for James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos and at Wrest Park.

 One Church with features by Andrew Carpenter - Sculptor

Church Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
St Mary Amersham †1698 made 1725 Monument to Montague Drake. Sculptor was Andrew Carpenter. (Signed by Carpenter).
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2021 Michael G Hardy