Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire is a project launched in 2018, with only a few churches included at the moment.


Notable Feature Images for All Saints, Hulcott


Thumbnail
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Features
 
13C: Nave Walls. The South wall, on the right, has had the later arches cut out of the wall.


c1330: S Arcade Eastern Arch.


c1330: Piscina in S Aisle. It was moved from previous Transept or Lady Chapel.


c1340: Chancel. Chancel Arch, Chancel Walls, parts of E & S Windows of Chancel.


c1340: Piscina in Chancel.


Top
15C: New W and N windows in Nave. This shows the West window.

This shows the North window.


15C or 16C: Wooden Bell Turret. On W end of Nave.

Timber Framework in Nave, that supports the Bell Turret.


15C or 16C: N Porch.


Top
early 16C: S Aisle added to replace Transept or Lady Chapel. The South wall, on the right, has had the later arches cut out of the wall.


†1535: Monument - Benedict Lee.


†1823: Monument - Baldwyn Thorne. She died at the age of 100.


1861-1863: Restoration including New Roofs. Architect was George Edmund Street.


1861-1863: Pulpit. Designer was George Edmund Street.


Top
1861-1863: Font (new bowl on older base). Designer was George Edmund Street.


c1865: Decorative brick wall built along front of churchyard. Architect was George Devey. (Probably by Devey).


late 19C: Altar. Rev Edward Bonus donated the Altar. Designer was Rev. Edward Bonus. (Possibly by Bonus).


†1908: Brass Plaque - Rev Edward Bonus.

Return to All Saints, Hulcott
Top of Page

Historic Churches of Buckinghamshire

All photographs by Michael G Hardy unless stated otherwise


©2017-2022 Michael G Hardy